Working out on stationary bikes is a good way to shed pounds and stay fit especially if you don’t have the time to go to the gym or stick to a strict fitness routine.
If this is your first time to purchase a bike, you might want to go for something sturdy and affordable, without compromising comfort.
The Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle is a popular choice among exercise bike users; with its 8 preset resistance levels, relatively light weight of 66 pounds, and a monitor that displays time, distance, speed, and calories burned. The Recumbent Mag Cycle is manufactured by Marcy and measures 55 x 40 x 25 inches (W x H x D).
1. Unlike other affordable indoor bikes, the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle doesn’t compromise on comfort with its wide and well-cushioned seat with back support, allowing even users aged 60 and up to be comfortable while riding it.
2. It has built-in transport wheels making it even easier to move the machine around.
3. The manual recommends two-person assembly, but most users say they had no problems assembling it alone with ease.
4. The tension knob is easy to adjust, making it easier to go from different resistance and tension levels.
5. The Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle has a virtually noiseless operation, which is a huge selling point for moms who want to be able to work out while their babies sleep.
1. Some users report incorrect manual instructions, asking users to use 3 washers when you would need 4. Some also said they had to remove the rubber inserts.
2. A few people who purchased the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle also report receiving the bike with some parts missing and damaged exercise cycles. One user reported receiving the bike with a bent piece in the main frame. Replacements for parts seem to take at least 2 weeks to arrive.
3. One user said there was grinding noise in the flywheel. Another also reported problems in the flywheel mechanism after using it for two weeks, making the cycle vibrate when used.
4. Several users reported dissatisfaction with the customer service, saying representatives were unresponsive and slow to take action and provide help.
5. The Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle may not be as accommodating of users of different frames, as several buyers who are a bit shorter complain of having difficulties adjusting the pedals to make them within their reach.
The overall response to the Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle has been positive.
If you head over to Amazon you’ll see that the product rating is 4 out of 5 stars, which is a really good average rating despite some users expressing dissatisfaction with the product.
The Marcy Recumbent Mag Cycle bike is a good choice for those looking to buy their first indoor bike, with an affordable price tag and ease of use.
A lot of users report having lost weight quickly with regular use, and that the bike operates quietly – which is an important feature of indoor bikes for a lot of people.